Did you know that chrome nails were the most-requested manicure of the summer? However, this outstanding nail look is great year-round. Learn about chrome nail application and understand how to perfect holographic nails by following this great guide.
Overview of Chrome Nails
Do you want a distinctive manicure that outshines all other nail looks? If so, chrome nails are the perfect manicure for you! The highly reflective chrome finish is beautiful and unique. After all, anything holographic is eye-catching. Chrome nails are a metallic-like manicure that offers an iridescent appearance.
Chrome manicures are futuristic with a shiny flair. They’re great for concerts and outdoor festivals and provide a great way to switch up your typical manicures. If you’re interested in trying something new, this nail look is the answer! The best part is that you can achieve chrome nails at home. As you follow this guide, you will learn the application process. Get ready for an out-of-this-world manicure that will blow your mind.
Star-Studded Nail Look
You may wonder what the hype is for chrome nails. Well, you can thank Hailey Bieber for this year’s trendiest nail look. The star is a regular TikTok creator who posts a variety of beauty content, including manicure styles. And her chrome nails are by far the most popular beauty trend she has created on her account.
Hailey’s nails created such an impact that when people visit salons and say, “I want the Hailey Bieber nails,” nail technicians know exactly what they mean. The distinct holographic and iridescent appearance is a key feature of this manicure. However, Hailey’s manicures are unique because they have a pearl-like look. Some people describe it as a “glazed donut” nail set.
Simply put, Hailey Bieber and many other stars are influencers of chrome nails. You also can catch Kylie Jenner, Gigi Hadid, and Jessica Chastain rocking the wonderful manicure. Celebrities aren’t the only ones with chrome tips; soon, you will rock them too!
Get the Look: Nail Application Steps
Stay trendy by learning more about the chrome nail application process. Learn how to perfect holographic nails by reading these step-by-step instructions.
- Nail file
- Nail buffer
- Gel base coat and top coat
- Gel polish
- UV or LED lamp
- Chrome powder
- Sponge eyeshadow applicator
- Fluffy brush
- Paper towels
- Wash your hands with a mild soap to get rid of any bacteria. Clip, file, and buff your nails to prepare them for a gel manicure. Achieve your desired length and shape with the nail file. Please note that buffing is an important step because gel polish will not adhere to a smooth nail surface.
- Apply an even layer of gel base coat polish on your nails. The base coat will prevent gel polish from staining your natural nails. After application, cure your nails for 60 seconds under the UV or LED lamp.
- Next, apply your gel polish. To achieve a visible chrome effect, use a dark polish like black or navy blue. If you prefer a shimmery iridescent manicure, select a lighter base polish. Follow the polish’s curing instructions and place your hands under the UV or LED lamp for the recommended time.
- Complete the gel manicure with a top coat polish. It’s best to use a no-wipe gel top coat since you will place chrome powder on top of your nails next. Cure your nails for 60 seconds.
- Dip your sponge eyeshadow applicator into the chrome powder and brush the powder on your nails. Achieve the best results by slightly pressing down and swiping the applicator in a brushing motion. Use multiple strokes to cover your entire nails.
- Using the sponge applicator, rub the chrome powder into your nails until they become shiny. The nail should have a reflective appearance. Brush off the excess powder with a fluffy brush. If you don’t remove the extra powder, it will create a sparkly finish rather than a mirror-like look.
- Paint on the gel top coat to seal in the powder. Using a paper towel, wipe the polish brush clean before dipping it back inside the polish. Doing so prevents the powder from contaminating the gel polish. Cure your nails for 60 seconds and enjoy your beautiful manicure!
Awesome Chrome Nail Design Ideas
Now that you understand the steps involved in creating chrome nails, don’t be afraid to try variations of the manicure. Here are some awesome chrome nail ideas:
- Baby blue nails with chrome tips
- Holographic pink chrome manicure
- Gold nail gems
- Glitter accents
- Chrome leopard print
- Nude chrome nails
- Champagne gold nails
How To Remove Chrome Powder
Underneath chrome powder is a gel manicure. If you want to remove the powder without ruining the entire manicure, file the gel top coat away. You can use a nail file or drill to remove the layer of gel polish. Next, gently buff out the chrome powder until you can see the original gel polish color. The buffing process can be lengthy, but don’t use acetone to remove the powder. That will remove your gel manicure too! Gel manicures are long-lasting, meaning you can enjoy the nail look until you want to take off the entire manicure.
Removing the Entire Manicure
Although chrome nails are fantastic, there comes a time when you need to remove the manicure and give your nails a break. Follow these instructions to remove your chrome manicure.
- Nail file or drill
- A bowl or aluminum foil and cotton balls
- Paper towels
- Remove the chrome powder by using the nail file or drill to get rid of the gel top coat and powder layer.
- Pour acetone into your bowl and soak your fingers in the bowl for 25 minutes. For an alternative method, soak cotton balls in acetone and place them on your fingers. Then, wrap pieces of aluminum foil around your nails. Let the foil sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When you remove your fingers from the acetone, the polish should come off with the swipe of a paper towel. If you follow the cotton ball method, the polish should come off with the cotton balls.
- After removal, wash your hands with mild soap and completely dry them.
- After washing and drying your hands, place cuticle oil on your cuticles and rub lotion into your hands. This adds moisture to your skin.
Get Your Supplies Today
Gather all the supplies you need for chrome nails by shopping with Nail Company Wholesale Supply. From chrome powder to UV lamps, we have it all! We also carry wonderful items like the Notpolish collection and other fantastic products. Let us help you achieve the perfect manicure!