Just as you moisturize your hair and skin, you also need to hydrate your nails. Cuticle oil is a blend of natural oils that can help your hands. If you’re wondering about cuticle oil benefits and how often to use it, keep reading to find out!
What Is Cuticle Oil?
Cuticle oil is a moisturizing oil for your nails and cuticles. It typically contains fruit, nut, or vegetable oils. You will commonly see cuticle oil with olive, apricot, vegetable, coconut, or almond oil. In addition, some oils contain vitamins and citric acids.
You expose your hands to many elements that can dry your nails and cuticles. For instance, excessive cold, sun, soapy water, or chlorine can lead to dry, cracked, or chapped hands. Luckily, cuticle oil can restore moisture and help hydrate your cuticles and nails.
Benefits of Cuticle Oil
- Encourages fast growth of stronger nails. Cuticle oil improves the circulation of cells around the cuticle, allowing them to get more nutrients and oxygen. Not only does this support growth but it also promotes stronger nails.
- Helps heal damaged cuticles and skin. Cuticle oil contains various oils with antioxidants that promote cellular regeneration. This heals damaged cuticles and improves the skin around them.
- Makes your manicures last longer. Consistently using cuticle oil can help make your acrylic or gel manicure last longer. The oil prevents gel and acrylic from drying out (which leads to chipping and peeling).
- Prevents cuticle and nail infections. Cuticle oils have antibacterial and antifungal properties that prevent bacterial and fungal infections.
- Makes your cuticles look healthy. Cuticle oils keep your cuticles and the skin around them moisturized and nourished. This prevents discoloration and wrinkles.
How Often To Use Cuticle Oil
You can apply cuticle oil three times a day. However, if you have worn out cuticles, you can apply the oil every time you wash your hands. Place a few drops on your cuticles and gently massage them in an upwards motion. With consistent use, you will notice hydrated nails with healthy skin around them.
After learning about cuticle oil benefits and how often to use it, you should consider incorporating this product into your nail care routine. And if you’re interested in other nail products like OPI nail polish, let Nail Company Wholesale Supply be your OPI distributer. We have a wide selection of this luxury polish!